Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Optimism ATTACK

So I decided to flip through my most recent posts, and I noticed how they seem almost 90% positive. I`ve decided to show you all a little of the negativity, just to balance it all out. And so, taking off of another exchanger, I present you with a short list of the good and bad:

Good- Everyone is nice to me.
Bad- I have no idea what people really think of me because they are ALWAYS nice ALL THE TIME.

Good- The food.
Bad- Genuine Japanese food has no negatives, except perhaps natto.

Good- The Japanese language is a very lovely language (or so I think).
Bad- It is pretty much everything English is not (and vice versa), and thus makes for some tough learning.

Good- Trains.
Bad- Driving.

Good- Most people don`t express hate (or any negative emotion) openly. Nobody would DARE make a scene in Japan.
Bad- Self expression is really hard, and also often frowned upon.

Good- I actually like having a school uniform because it requires absolutely no thought.
Bad- Yet again, self-expression.

Good- I have 80 bajillion friends.
Bad- What I really need are 2-3 really good friends, not 80 bajillion `say hi in the morning and then ignore me` friends.

Now I have to go to class. But I sorta like this good/bad thing... Expect more of it.

また、ね~

1 comment:

  1. "Nattō can be an acquired taste because of its powerful smell, strong flavor, and sticky consistency." Ewwwwww!

    That's it? That's the only "not so good" Japanese edible thingie?

    I was thinking... you make really great friends wherever you go. You know? The only difference here is that communication is difficult. BUT getting better. Just be you.. and the rest will happen naturally. Yep.

    ReplyDelete