Wednesday, May 20, 2009

A few extra things

I've been posting all of this stuff, but I forgot some really basic, Rotary stuff. Like allowance and trips and stuff. So...

My allowance is 10000 ¥ a month. That's actually pretty good. I'm really glad it's not, like, 30¢ (which I was, honestly, a little bit scared it would be). My school tuition seems ridiculously high, though. I'm really glad I'm going with Rotary, they pay for almost everything ^^

Except for trips. Rotary doesn't pay for some of the trips you take. My district has 2 official trips; one to Mt. Fuji, and one that's sorta like a grand tour of Southern Japan. That will cost my family about $800-900, but I know it's going to be worth it. And also, Rotary tends to take you on other trips as well (like I'll probably be going to Osaka and Kyoto and some of the exchanger-rich areas 5678 times :). Yet another reason why I love Rotary.

I didn't exactly mean for this to turn into Rotary propaganda but it seems it has... Oh well.

In other news, I got in contact with my first host family and another person who works with Rotary in Shiga! Everyone seems really awesome so far.

And to top it off, school's almost over ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment