Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Sudden Realization

I called my host sister about a week ago! She was the sweetest, nicest person ever. I'm so glad she's going to be my sister ^^ We talked in fragmented English and Japanese about "what I need pack?" and "how is 私の学校?" and the like. Everything sounds pretty good. I'm going to have my own bedroom, which I wasn't expecting, and yes, a futon to sleep on. You know, one of those floor mats that's about 2 inches thick. It's so... Japanese. My host mom is also going to pack me bento boxes for school. YAY YAY YAY!!!!!!! I was TOTALLY not expecting that, and I'm really glad! I haven't had homemade lunches since I was half my current height.

And as for the "sudden realization" for which this post was named... While talking with my host sister, I realized that I'm going to be busy. Not just like 5-AP-courses busy; more like endlessly, exaustingly, 98% of the time busy. For the first few days, I'm going to be learning Japanese, visiting places, setting up school, buying forgotten necessities (of which there will hopefully be few), getting my uniform, and SO much more. And then I'll start school on Sept. 1st, and IT WILL BE BUSY.

Am I looking forward to it? Yes. Is it a little terrifying? Most certainly.

And on another train of thought, I want to point out the fact that I'm leaving in 16 days. 16 days to Japan... I guess you could say I'm freaking out just a little. But I've more or less accepted the fact, and now my focus is mainly on preparing for my year abroad!

I AM SO SUPER FANTASTICALLY EXCITED!

1 comment:

  1. hello :)

    i came across you on the cultures shocked exchange forum and saw that you went to the same rotary district as me! i was in nara, but i was good friends with the guy that lived in shiga and i'm pretty sure he went to the same school as you because i remember him saying he went to a christian school, which isn't all that common in japan.

    anyway, if you have any questions or just wanna talk feel free to email me at holtcallie@hotmail.com or add me to msn. i'm sure you're really excited and i'd love to hear from you :)

    callie

    ReplyDelete